Monday, May 5, 2014

Woman stabs husband for coming home drunk

A 20-YEAR-OLD woman from Hillside Teachers College on Thursday stabbed her husband on his shoulder for getting home late and drunk.
Ms Neliswe Ndlovu blamed her husband for getting himself stabbed as she was defending herself from his physical abuse.
“I stabbed him because he was assaulting me. He came home late and what he is saying is a lie. He did not go straight to the kitchen to get himself food, instead he woke me up and demanded food and a fight started and that is when I stabbed him,” she said.


The complainant, Mr Sibangilizwe Ngwenya, refuted the claims made by his wife that he attacked her. He said that he was about to have his food when she woke up and demanded to know where he was coming from. He said she took away his food before attacking him.
“When I got home I knocked on the door and there was no response, so I decided to use the window to gain access into the house. I was having my supper when she came into the kitchen and demanded to know where I was. An argument started and that is when she stabbed me,” he said.
Prosecuting, Caroline Matanga said the two were employed as cooks at the college and after work the complainant went to a bar with friends and returned home at 10pm. The accused stabbed him on the shoulder and as a result he sustained injuries.
The magistrate, Mr Tawanda Muchemwa, postponed the case to 16 May and let Ndlovu out on free bail as she is nursing a sick child.
“For humanitarian reasons she will be left to go on free bail and will appear in court on 16 May without fail,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment