Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Suspected Rapist Drugs, Attacks 15 year old Girl after She Refused to Sleep with Him


For refusing a suspected rapist sex, the young girl pictured above, a grade six pupil of Young Tajudeen Middle School, Ede, Osun State (name withheld) was attacked and deep matchete cuts inflicted on her head, legs and wrist.

Punch reports that the 15-year-old pupil lives with her grandmother in Ede, Osun State, while her mother  lived in Lagos State. She had gone to pick some mangoes from their farm last Wednesday when the man allegedly accosted her and asked her for some mangoes. She gave the man some only for him to then demand for sex, which she said she turned down. That was when the man grabbed her
head and forced a pill down her throat after which she became unconscious.

Narrating what happened to her, the young girl told reporters:

“I went to the farm to pick mangoes on the day I was attacked. As I was heading for home, I met a man who asked me to give him some mangoes and I did. The man asked me of my name and I told him my name is Suweba, but my real name is (withheld). The man later said  he wanted to have sex with me, but I told him I was too young for that. 
The man threatened to cut off my head if I didn’t oblige him. He held my head, forced my mouth open and dropped a white pill inside my mouth. I fell down and I became unconscious. I was attacked around 2pm and I woke up when it was getting dark maybe around 7pm. I managed to crawl to the footpath and shouted for help, but none came until the following morning.”
Some farmers, who found the girl inside the bush the following day, rushed her to the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital in Osogbo for treatment. The victim was brought to the hospital with maggots oozing out of the wounds all over her body. The maggot infested wounds made some people believe she was attacked more than 48 hours before she was brought to the hospital.

Asked if the man raped her, the young girl said that she did not know what happened when she was unconscious.

One of the medical personnel at LAUTECH Teaching Hospital confirmed to Punch that the girl was brought to the hospital with maggots all over the wounds. The hospital worker, who pleaded anonymity, described the attack as callous.
She said:
“ We will examine her to know if she was raped or not. But I believe the police should look for the attacker, get him arrested and charge him to court.”
The girl's mother, Abebi , said the girl’s father had died and her grandmother said she should not take her back to Lagos. The Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, when contacted said that the command had not been briefed of the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment